We are proud to host a facilitated circle for families who have children with sensitivities or special needs. Supporting & advocating for a child with special needs is draining on a parent, and potentially the family as a whole. Come and meet other parents who share similar experiences as you, facilitated by Sara Oletti.
Sara is the founder of The Sequoia Village Schoolhouse, an independent inclusive primary school in the Outer Sunset. She holds a BA.Ed in both Special Education and Elementary Education, as well as an M.Ed in Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Sara has held a variety of roles as a special educator including ABA therapist, special day classroom teacher, resource director and inclusion coordinator for programs in California and Arizona. The Sequoia Village Schoolhouse is the result of her beautiful vision come to life.
Some topics that will be covered during Sara's sessions:
- Facilitated introductions and acknowledgements of our unique journeys - while recognizing where our sentiments resonate with one another.
- Finding your tribe & building a support network
- Self-care: what it is (and isn't!) and why we need it
- Developing a wellness plan: creating balance and accountability
- Nutrition & exercise: sticking to healthy habits. Importance of nutrition for ourselves and children with sensitivities.