I know what you are thinking: slow your roll, Vanessa. That's a massive statement. But when it comes to the world of babies, it's true. I do not take for granted that I started Sensible Sitters in tandem with the launch of Risa Goldberg & Leslie Venokur's genius: Big City Moms Biggest Baby Shower. Well before my first child (8 years) I could tell you which bottle was easiest on a gassy baby's belly, how to unfold most strollers in 30 seconds or less, and assist you in finding the right carrier for your build & baby. I could help you to navigate the world of gear given your lifestyle and your space constraints. That's all thanks to the informal education I received from attending a dozen years of Biggest Baby Showers! I NEVER experienced anxiety around registry or gear and if I did get anxious, I referred back to brands that Risa & Leslie's team trusted.
Here's what I can assure you it will do for you:
- alleviate stress related to gadget & gear purchases - everyone is there to show you there product, with the understanding that the world of babies is not "one size fits all". You can test drive it all pre baby!
- allow you to learn about new products that weren't out when you had your last baby - like the Snoo, for example.
- allow you to try on multiple baby carriers & learn what feel natural on your body.
- allow your partner some insight into the wacky world of baby gear - you guys can do this together! Let your partner be a part of the process. The earlier you let them in, the more bonded they can be - the more helpful they can be!
- gives you a chance to win amazing prizes! Strollers, high chairs, cribs!
The Biggest Baby Shower brings to you all the gear companies & services, under one roof. In conjunction with the expo are informational speakers on a myriad of topics. On February 7th, The Biggest Baby Shower will take place in South San Francisco from 5:30-9pm. Having started my involvement so long ago, it's really rewarding to have been asked to moderate the panels this year! Speakers will include:
Deeanne Akerson: founder of Kindred Bravely
Laura Brown: Certified Babywearing Educator: Ergo Baby
Michelle Davenport: Founder & CEO of Raised Real
Wendy Sue Swanson: Spoonful One
Ashley George: COO Sprout San Francisco
Dr Harvey Karp: CEO of Happiest Baby
Esther Kestenbaum: CEO of Day One Baby
Sharone Nassi: Founder, Carmel Blue
Dr. Tracy Shafizadeh: Nutritional Scientist & Baby Gut Expert: Evivo